allow large audiences to see the 'Ride With Your Mind' approach in action.Sometimes Mary works solo, and sometimes in conjunction with other world-class co-presenters. She frequently collaborates with US international dressage rider Heather Blitz, and equine biomechanics researcher Dr. Hilary Clayton, from Michigan State University.
If you/your club/school/BHS area etc. would like to host a talk or demonstration, please contact us on email@example.com
there are accredited coaches of the 'ride with your mind' approach in the UK, usa, and other countries
You can find details of coaches and clinics on this site, or enquire about setting up a clinic in your area
Read about the RWYM rider biomechanics approach →
- WHAT'S NEW IN RWYM?
- My work on rider biomechanics now includes insights from a number of different coaches. Some are subtle and cutting edge, and can only be taught to advanced riders. Others are simple fixes we all wish we had found years ago, as having those pieces in place makes everything else so much easier! My work has also been enriched by collaborations with Functional Anatomist Tom Myers, and Australian horse trainer Andrew Mclean. Tom's concept of 'muscle chains' has helped to clarify my own inuitions making the rider/horse interaction very understandable. Andrew's work on 'Equine Learning Theory' shows how to get horses understanding go, stop, right, left, and yield - and having those baselines in place (from operant conditioning) makes the rest so much easier. Read More →
- NEWS FLASH!
- Coming soon.... so nearly there, but still not quite..., my new DVD series featuring myself and Heather Blitz in a 'Naked Truth of Riding' symposium.So watch this space! Also, very good luck to Heather who has moved from Wellington FL to Boston MA. Read more about Heather Blitz rider biomechanics coach →
- NEW INSIGHTS, NEW SKILLS, NEW HORIZONS...
- Would you like to learn with coaches who can tell you exactly how to sit and to influence the horse? Would you like more 'feel'? Would you like to know what talented riders actually do, and why they cannot convey that knowledge in words? The way you sit has a profound influence on your horse, and for each little change that you make, he changes too. Learn how this works, and you're a winner! Your riding becomes extremely ethical, and your horse miraculously 'gets it'. Read more about rider biomechanics coach Mary Wanless →
- YOUR RIDING PROBLEMS SOLVED!
- With ways of seeing it and saying it that work, 'hitting the spot' for riders at all levels! Our answers are easier to understand and quicker to implement. They are do-able and reproducible on your own. They are delivered (according to your needs) in 'bite size chunks'. We expect what others call 'miracles', and we do them daily. Over time we really do 'make the impossible possible, the possible easy, and the easy elegant' (a quote from Moshe Feldenkrais)...Read more about the Ride With Your Mind approach →
- AT OVERDALE WE HAVE A STATE-OF-THE-ART RIDING SIMULATOR - WORKING AGAIN AFTER A LONG LAY-OFF
- It gives an easy-to-understand computer print out of the rider's balance in the back/front, up/down, and side/side planes. We couple this with hands-on feedback from the coach, and fantastic mirrors. This creates a potent learning mix, helpful for riders at all levels - and it's also great fun! More RIDING SIMULATOR WEEKENDS will soon be scheduled for 2013 Read more about our how you can improve your rider biomechanics →
- .OUR HOME BASE IS OVERDALE EQUESTRIAN CENTRE IN THE COTSWOLD HILLS, OXON, UK.
- Overdale is set in a Cotswold village with beautiful views and great hacking, with a guest house, pub, and holiday cottages. We can provide your horse with a stable or paddock, or you can ride one of our school horses or ponies. We have a fabulous covered riding arena, and a workshop room. Read More →
- MARY COACHES RIDERS AT ALL LEVELS BOTH AT OVERDALE AND IN CLINICS IN THE USA......
- Few coaches have answers to problems spanning the massive spectrum from standing still to be mounted to uneven steps in passage! From getting you started, we help you get the horse 'on the bit'. From getting the horse 'on the bit' we help you get good transitions and collection. Our knowledge spans the learning path from basic steering issues to the intricacies of straightness and lateral work. For testimonials from both elite and club level riders Read More
- NEW FREE DOWNLOAD!
- Log your progress by turning our neat page of rider drawings into a mind map. Fill it in after lessons and/or everyday rides, to help you keep track of your insights and your check-list. Keep a list of the 'trigger phrases' that work for you. Read More →
RIDERS SO OFTEN TELL US THAT THEY HAVE 'LEARNT MORE IN THE LAST 4 DAYS THAN THEY HAVE IN THE LAST 4 YEARS'.... WHY NOT JOIN THEM AND BEGIN YOUR RIDING REVOLUTION!
RIDE WITH YOUR MIND NETWORK NEWS
Our quarterly magasine can be deivered to you on paper or as a PDF. It has news, articles on insights written both by Mary and other contributors, book reviews, clinic information, and some part of it is always hilariously funny....View a past issue→